Saturday, April 25, 2009

Polaroid Fever

Last night's spontaneous shoot with SKINNY INTERN was the jolt that I needed for the year ahead of me. I've been wanting to slow down and reorganize my structure as a photographer. I wanted to go back to shooting with medium format film for sometime now, but have not found anyone "worthy" of "film". It takes a new level of patience and focus for me as a photographer, and the same goes as well as the model. I never was the type of photographer who likes to click "just to" do it or to move the model. If I can do a shoot with with just 3 rolls of 120 film (1 roll per look), I'll do it, but the model needs to show me that she's giving me 100% or more. I need to better my craft, my precision, my control of lighting, composition and more important, my direction as a photographer. I don't need 1000 images from a photoshoot to go to the trash bin. What does it say about me as a photographer? Do I get lucky with my shots, or did I make it happen? I would like to say, "that I envisioned the shot and that I created the environment, mood, lighting, etc, and with the click of my camera and the help of a talented model, I CAPTURED THE MOMENT"

There will only be one ORIGINAL. Long live film and polaroids......
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket