Sunday, April 19, 2009

Steven Meisel - Photographer

"One of the reasons the world has been slow to recognize his contributions is that he is an absolute chameleon," says Charlotte Cotton, the photography curator of the Los Angeles Country Museum of Art. Cotton, who considers Meisel the commercial photographer of our time, says he belongs in the pantheon of image-makers with Avedon, Penn, and Newton. "It's a remarkably risky position to take."

As I think of the photographer I would like to be like in the year of 2009, I think of Meisel as one of favorites. I have not been doing serious fashion photography for long (last January 2008), but as I develop a style or lack of it, I still need to look up to other photographers for inspiration and goal set my career in the world of fashion. Meisel's many different styles is what I would like to become. I don't want to be fixed to just one style or look. I want change and hopefully my next shoot will change it all. I "NEED" a MUSE.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket