Saturday, March 28, 2009

About Me

I started this blog a little over a week ago with the intentions of hoping to let others know what the life of a studio fashion photographer is like in South Florida. And now, I think it's time to let others know a little more about me.

Julius Gregorio . Fashion Photographer. I started shooting fashion a little over two years ago, but seriously on January of 2008. I picked up my first DSLR shooting nature and landscape a few years back and stumbled across Commercial photographer (Andre Rowe) at a photo lab. Little did I know that meeting with him would change my photography completely. From landscapes and sunrises/sunsets, to models and high fashion. From digital SLR to film and digital medium format. Andre is head photographer and co-owner of TYE Studios of Ft. Lauderdale and I happen to sit right beside him (this very second) as house photographer for the studio as well.

If anyone wants to know what the product of a professional studio can do for a photographer, I am living proof of that. I grew up here at the studio and have been fortunate and blessed to have this studio as my residence. I am a product of TYE but am still a "beginner" in the World of Fashion. I have a lot to accomplish and have a lifetime of goals ahead of me. New York (in 4 days), Paris, London, Netherlands, L.A., and many more cities to reach out too. I hope in years time, I will be represented by some of the biggest photography agencies in the world. Starting with Art Partner, JED Root, Art + Commerce, just to name a few. With determination, passion, prayer, and a little bit of luck, anything is possible. And I thank my studio family at TYE for everything they have given me. I would not be where I am without them and the many talented artists and models who have helped me find a style and vision for my photography. Thank you all for everything.

www.juliusgregorio.com